"The Fabulist's Path: Chen Wei"

| |
Lately I have come to really appreciate the surreality and mystique of staged narratives. But furthermore, after emulating Maleonn who ties in Jeff Wall thematics with greater Chinese nationalistic ideas, I basically shit myself when I found Chen Wei. Maybe it's because I never felt a real tie to my Chinese heritage and am now somehow compelled and intrigued by someone who is and can execute it in such a beautiful manner.

Regardless, here is Wei's work that "draw on metaphors, literature, dreams and the connection between contemporary urban China and its rural past... Under the young artist Chen Wei’s organization, the properties, scenes, characters and light become a reproduction of the secret inner feelings and hallucinations."

http://www.cityweekend.com.cn/beijing/events/23992/







0 comments:

Post a Comment